Conveniently located to serve Kansas City
Diagnostic procedures are tests that help detect and identify the exact nature of a disease or condition in the body. Diagnostic procedures are also used to help develop the treatment plan, monitor the progress and effectiveness of treatment, and make a prognosis. At Urogynecology of Kansas City, we provide accurate diagnostic procedures for our Kansas City patients.
When to Consider Coming in for a Diagnostic Procedure
When the doctor cannot accurately assess the patient’s underlying condition based on verbal data and medical history alone, diagnostic procedures must be considered. A regular checkup may also involve diagnostic procedures depending on the discretion of the doctor.
Our Diagnostic Procedures
- Cystourethroscopy: A procedure performed with a camera in an office or in the operating room to view the urethra and the inside of the bladder in order to rule out pathology or injuries.
- Urodynamics: The use of small pressure sensitive catheters to determine how the bladder functions. This test is utilized to diagnose the type of urinary incontinence. Feel free to view our documentation.
- Urinalysis: A test that evaluates chemicals and cells in the urine.
- Urine culture: A test that determines whether a urinary tract infection is present.
- Ultrasound: An imaging study used to evaluate pelvic anatomy. It is often used in Urogynecology to evaluate the anal sphincter in order to determine if a defect is present.
What Happens After Diagnostic Procedures Are Performed?
The results of a diagnostic test will be interpreted and analyzed to help diagnose the patient’s condition. A prognosis will follow, where the health professional makes a forecast of the likely course of the condition.
Next, the doctor recommends a treatment plan to cure the patient’s health condition. The treatment plan may include lifestyle changes, prescription medications, non-surgical treatments, and surgery.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you’re experiencing symptoms, it may be time to undergo a diagnostic procedure in Kansas City at Urogynecology of Kansas City. We can perform a number of diagnostic tests to detect potential health risks so you can receive proper care. Contact us to schedule your consultation.